POLL: Should President Trump declare a national emergency over the shutdown showdown?
With the partial government shutdown now extending into its third week, and no compromise in sight, President Trump announced that he will address the nation from the Oval Office at 9pm ET Tuesday evening.
The sudden move to give a televised speech on the need for border security comes just two days before the president is scheduled to travel to the U.S.-Mexico border.
Democrats are still unwilling to budge on giving President Trump over $5 billion he has requested in order to build a wall on the border.
Speculation is now running rampant that he may be planning to declare a national emergency, in order to move forward with construction of the border wall, without Congress’ approval.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump declare a national emergency in order to build the wall? Or should he continue to allow the government shutdown to play out and hope Democrats will be willing to make a deal?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Middle Eastern Women’s Group Blasts Fox News Over Dumping Judge Jeanine