POLL: Should President Trump declare a national emergency over the shutdown showdown?
With the partial government shutdown now extending into its third week, and no compromise in sight, President Trump announced that he will address the nation from the Oval Office at 9pm ET Tuesday evening.
The sudden move to give a televised speech on the need for border security comes just two days before the president is scheduled to travel to the U.S.-Mexico border.
Democrats are still unwilling to budge on giving President Trump over $5 billion he has requested in order to build a wall on the border.
Speculation is now running rampant that he may be planning to declare a national emergency, in order to move forward with construction of the border wall, without Congress’ approval.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump declare a national emergency in order to build the wall? Or should he continue to allow the government shutdown to play out and hope Democrats will be willing to make a deal?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday