POLL: Should President Trump give up on the border wall to end the government shutdown?
So far, President Trump has maintained his stance that he will not sign a government funding bill without the money he has requested for a border wall, or border fence, and the Democrats have also stood firm in their insistence that they will not be giving him the money for any physical barrier on the border.
In a meeting with Democrats on Friday, the president told Democrat leaders that the shutdown could last months, or even years, if necessary, if an agreement cannot be reached to fund the wall.
When asked about the comment at a press briefing in the Rose Garden later, President Trump confirmed that he did say that.
Meanwhile, the effects of the government shutdown are starting to be felt, as important government services are unavailable. It is affecting everything from the ability to obtain marriage licenses, delayed mortgage approvals, and trash collection at national parks.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump allow the shutdown to continue, hoping Democrats will cave and give him the money for a border wall, or should he give up on the wall funding?
Pres. Trump confirms he told Sen. Chuck Schumer during their meeting over the shutdown that it could extend for “months or even years.”
— ABC News (@ABC) January 4, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- BREAKING: Pelosi breaks her silence, accuses Trump of outing trip, putting her in danger (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump