POLL: Should President Trump give up on the border wall to end the government shutdown?
So far, President Trump has maintained his stance that he will not sign a government funding bill without the money he has requested for a border wall, or border fence, and the Democrats have also stood firm in their insistence that they will not be giving him the money for any physical barrier on the border.
In a meeting with Democrats on Friday, the president told Democrat leaders that the shutdown could last months, or even years, if necessary, if an agreement cannot be reached to fund the wall.
When asked about the comment at a press briefing in the Rose Garden later, President Trump confirmed that he did say that.
Meanwhile, the effects of the government shutdown are starting to be felt, as important government services are unavailable. It is affecting everything from the ability to obtain marriage licenses, delayed mortgage approvals, and trash collection at national parks.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump allow the shutdown to continue, hoping Democrats will cave and give him the money for a border wall, or should he give up on the wall funding?
Pres. Trump confirms he told Sen. Chuck Schumer during their meeting over the shutdown that it could extend for “months or even years.”
— ABC News (@ABC) January 4, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband goes after Trump on potential re-election
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office