POLL: Should President Trump give up on the border wall to end the government shutdown?
So far, President Trump has maintained his stance that he will not sign a government funding bill without the money he has requested for a border wall, or border fence, and the Democrats have also stood firm in their insistence that they will not be giving him the money for any physical barrier on the border.
In a meeting with Democrats on Friday, the president told Democrat leaders that the shutdown could last months, or even years, if necessary, if an agreement cannot be reached to fund the wall.
When asked about the comment at a press briefing in the Rose Garden later, President Trump confirmed that he did say that.
Meanwhile, the effects of the government shutdown are starting to be felt, as important government services are unavailable. It is affecting everything from the ability to obtain marriage licenses, delayed mortgage approvals, and trash collection at national parks.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump allow the shutdown to continue, hoping Democrats will cave and give him the money for a border wall, or should he give up on the wall funding?
Pres. Trump confirms he told Sen. Chuck Schumer during their meeting over the shutdown that it could extend for “months or even years.”
— ABC News (@ABC) January 4, 2019
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- REPORT: Twitter goes wild over Nancy Pelosi’s yellow motorcycle jacket
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- DML LIVE: How to email your disgust to Fox News for screwing Trump (Fri – June 14)
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- CLAIM: School system having 10-year-old girls conduct “condom races”