POLL: Should schools use paddling as a form of discipline?
A charter school in Georgia is drawing national attention this week, after sending out consent forms to parents informing them that paddling will be used as a form of punishment in their school.
“In this school, we take discipline very seriously,” superintendent Jody Boulineau stated. “There was a time where corporal punishment was kind of the norm in school and you didn’t have the problems that you have.”
“A student will be taken into an office behind closed doors. The student will place their hands on their knees or piece of furniture and will be struck on the buttocks with a paddle,” the consent form reads. Students will receive a paddling after their third offense, and “no more than three licks should be given.”
Students whose parents don’t consent to their children being paddled will receive a school suspension of up to five days as an optional form of punishment for misbehavior.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION ON THIS CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC! Are you in favor of or opposed to corporal punishment in schools?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant