POLL: Should Dem lawmaker face charges over doxxing of Trump donors?
Rep. Joaquin Castro, the twin brother and campaign chairman of 2020 presidential hopeful Julian Castro, is in hot water with the Trump campaign after he published a list on his Twitter account of 44 Texas residents who each made the maximum donation of $2,700 to President Trump.
The list of donors includes owners of several prominent businesses in San Antonio where the Castro brothers are from.
“Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump — the owner of @BillMillerBarBQ, owner of the @HistoricPearl, realtor Phyllis Browning, etc. Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders,'” Castro tweeted along with the list of donors and their businesses Monday night.
Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh slammed Castro for publishing the list, saying he’s endangering the safety of people in his own district, and should delete it and apologize. So far, Castro has done neither. Murtaugh also called for 2020 presidential candidate Julian Castro to disavow the doxxing, which also has not yet occurred.
According to Brickfield & Donahue, there are legal repercussions for doxxing: “If the information is posted with the intent of harassing the victim, intimidating them, invading their privacy, or having them assaulted, or inspiring or instructing someone else reading the information to do any of these things, the publication of the information is against the law.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should Rep. Castro face charges over the doxxing of Trump donors?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott