POLL: Should Trump fire Labor Sec. Acosta over Epstein scandal?
Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta has come under fire over the way he handled past allegations against billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Acosta, a former US attorney, cut a plea deal with Epstein in 2008 that allowed him to avoid a public trial and a stiff jail sentence over sex abuse charges. In February, a federal judge ruled that prosecutors, including Acosta, violated federal law when they failed to tell victims about the agreement not to prosecute Epstein, a wealthy New York financier accused of molesting dozens of underage girls.
On Saturday, federal agents moved in, arresting Epstein for sex trafficking charges and raiding his homes, where they found hundreds of graphic photos of young girls, along with CDs in a locked safe labeled “girls pics nude.”
Scores of Democrats, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, are now demanding Acosta step down from his post as Labor Secretary, for letting Epstein off the hook years ago.
President Trump told reporters on Tuesday that Acosta has been a “very good” Labor secretary, but promised that he will be looking at the case “very carefully.”
Acosta spoke out on Tuesday, saying on Twitter, “The crimes committed by Epstein are horrific, and I am pleased that NY prosecutors are moving forward with a case based on new evidence.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump fire Sec. Acosta over the Jeffrey Epstein scandal?
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- POLL: Will Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria hurt his chances for reelection?
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?