POLL: Do you support the White House’s decision to revoke Jim Acosta’s press pass?
CNN reporter Jim Acosta made waves in the news on Wednesday, after his heated exchange with President Trump at a White House press conference.
Acosta, who has had run-ins with both President Trump and White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders several times in the past, began grilling the president Wednesday about why he called the migrant caravan an invasion, complaining that the term “demonized” immigrants.
Acosta continued trying to ask additional questions, even after President Trump repeatedly told him to sit down and put down the mic. When a White House aide attempted to take the mic from him, Acosta refused to give it up, and pushed her arm down with his left hand.
When Acosta returned to the White House later Wednesday night, he learned that his press pass had been revoked.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders posted a statement on Twitter, saying, “We will not tolerate the inappropriate behavior clearly documented in this video,” noting that Acosta placed his hands on the young woman who was “just trying to do her job as a White House intern.”
Acosta claimed he did not touch the woman, despite video evidence clearly showing that he did.
CNN and the White House Correspondents’ Association have both blasted the decision to ban Acosta, as well as a number of other reporters.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Was the White House right to ban Jim Acosta from the White House?
President Trump to Jim @Acosta: “You should let me run the country. You run CNN.”
“That’s enough. Put down the mic. CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude terrible person.” pic.twitter.com/GR9TIbKUok
— CSPAN (@cspan) November 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- EXCLUSIVE: Snipes explains ballot box left in rental car that shut down airport (VIDEOS, PHOTOS)
- POLL: Do you trust the U.S. election system?
- REPORT: Tomi Lahren mocks Michelle Obama’s dig at Trump inauguration