POLL: Are today’s kids more disrespectful than in years past?

BY TEAM DML / JULY 8, 2018 /

Written by DML
Yesterday, I was editing some video taken during our America the Beautiful tour in May 2018.  I was editing my interview of a Jewish, 90-year-old woman in Indiana who at 10-years-old escaped Hitler’s gas chambers.

Ruth, who died two-weeks after our interview, appears in my upcoming film: They Come to America 4: The Cost of Politics.  The film is the 4th in a series of films I’ve made on immigration.  It will be released on DVD and pay-per-view online following Labor Day weekend.

During the interview, I asked Ruth what had changed most in America during her 80-years in the country.

Without hesitation, Ruth said “the kids.”

She claims that over the decades there has been an attitude change in American youngsters.  “When I was young, if an adult told me to jump off a bridge I would jump.  You didn’t question your parents, grandparents, teachers, police, aunts or uncles when I was a child.  Today, if kids don’t like what an adult says, they either yell back, pout, protest or run away,” explained Ruth.

When I asked her who is to blame, she said the parents themselves.  I added, “I think the media has something to do with it as well.”  She agreed to a degree, but she was steady with her feelings about the kids today not being “respectful of their elders” and that parents need to right the ship.

Do you agree with Ruth?  Are kids more disrespectful today?

1. Steve Hardin July 8th, 2018 at 8:43 am

The easiest question yet!

2. Susan July 8th, 2018 at 9:15 am

I’m about to start my 18th year as a public school teacher. Oh yes, Ruth was 100% correct in her assessment of kids today. It makes my job more difficult every year because it just keeps getting worse.

• Kyle July 8th, 2018 at 9:55 am

Parents deserve part of the blame. They are responsible for raising the children. If children are disrespectful that means the parents failed to teach respect.

Now parents also are handicapped by child services which has no problem separating children from their parents, when trying to discipline.

3. Donna R July 8th, 2018 at 9:54 am

In some ways it’s good that kids follow their instincts and vocalize their feelings more. Perhaps fewer kids are subject to abuse now. But, there also is no fear of authority and no respect of older people now. When kids started suing their parents and parents started suing teachers, it undermined authority of both. Kids should have a voice, but also respect for authority.

• Kyle July 8th, 2018 at 9:59 am

Agreed. Parents are the number 1 problem for children. They don’t properly discipline because they fear CPS separating their children from their families.

You have to throw some blame on thev parents failing to raise them properly.

4. Capit July 8th, 2018 at 12:56 pm

In my 62 years, I can say morals are out the window and society is pushing the weaker minded off the cliff. If you try to teach etiquette to your children people are offended, if you try to correct your child people are offended, so young parents become confused and give up easily. Us older folks were strong headed and were less likely to cave to peer pressure. It is the generation of quick gratification, self-indulgence and self-righteousness with ‘self’ being the only importance.
    Parents today want someone else (their own parents, other siblings or grandparents) to raise their children so they can work, party, or do drugs as today’s social climate is way too stressed for them to deal with their own children let alone their everyday lives. Spoiled brats whose parents would rather occupy their childrens idle hands with computers, iPhones, I-pads, video games, cars, and social media accounts instead of going outside to make friends and playing to burn up all their pent up energy – further adding to isolation or being a parent for that matter. These items have replaced family time and babysitters sadly enough. Parents cannot overlook Children of today who have to endure brainwashing at school on top of everything else from liberals who are totally out in left field and teaching curriculum that has no history attached (or reason for that matter. ie, core math) as the children sit in the classrooms and watch rioting videos, the destroying of property, famous statues being removed, while being taught gayism, transgenderism, cross-dressing, identifying ladies of the night as career girls, etcetera, not to mention crazy people who might want to harm them as they sit in class using terrorism tactics to instal fear further confusing normal thinking children that have been taught different ideology at home. Children must now participate in adult matters (protest) during school hours without their parent’s approval. Just seeing laws being circumvented in the news daily no wonder the new generations are so mixed up. I would also point out that Valerie Jerrett and Obama and their ilk have fundamentally changed everyone’s world by changing what was right into what is wrong (lies) by replacing that ideology with what is wrong is now right (truth). Parents are their children(s) first defense against these teachings and for reasons unknown we all have caved to the rhetoric and confusion being leveled against the weaker minded from NWO and Alinsky activists. We are all guilty for not standing up against this rule of law and being complacent instead of standing up for what we know as right. I think we all know who is to blame for all the confusion, hatred, and race-baiting, that has occurred during and after the last administration. Just my opinion.