POLL: Are today’s kids more disrespectful than in years past?
Written by DML
Yesterday, I was editing some video taken during our America the Beautiful tour in May 2018. I was editing my interview of a Jewish, 90-year-old woman in Indiana who at 10-years-old escaped Hitler’s gas chambers.
Ruth, who died two-weeks after our interview, appears in my upcoming film: They Come to America 4: The Cost of Politics. The film is the 4th in a series of films I’ve made on immigration. It will be released on DVD and pay-per-view online following Labor Day weekend.
During the interview, I asked Ruth what had changed most in America during her 80-years in the country.
Without hesitation, Ruth said “the kids.”
She claims that over the decades there has been an attitude change in American youngsters. “When I was young, if an adult told me to jump off a bridge I would jump. You didn’t question your parents, grandparents, teachers, police, aunts or uncles when I was a child. Today, if kids don’t like what an adult says, they either yell back, pout, protest or run away,” explained Ruth.
When I asked her who is to blame, she said the parents themselves. I added, “I think the media has something to do with it as well.” She agreed to a degree, but she was steady with her feelings about the kids today not being “respectful of their elders” and that parents need to right the ship.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: Other Bands Refuse to Play with Maroon 5 at Super Bowl Due to Kaepernick Controversy
- REPORT: here’s what Chuck Schumer vows to bring vote to Senate floor first…
- VIDEO: Here’s why a Vermont man put up a giant, illuminated middle finger sculpture on his front lawn
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- REPORT: Schiff previews new line of attack against Trump: Deutsche Bank ‘laundered Russian money’
- REPORT: US lawyer uncovers Hugh Hefner’s sordid celebrity sex tapes as part of civil case against Bill Cosby
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Trolls Mike Pence, DML responds
- REPORT: Social media company co-founder reportedly dead at age 35
- CLAIM: More than half of Americans think Trump is lying about Russia