POLL: Are today’s kids more disrespectful than in years past?
Written by DML
Yesterday, I was editing some video taken during our America the Beautiful tour in May 2018. I was editing my interview of a Jewish, 90-year-old woman in Indiana who at 10-years-old escaped Hitler’s gas chambers.
Ruth, who died two-weeks after our interview, appears in my upcoming film: They Come to America 4: The Cost of Politics. The film is the 4th in a series of films I’ve made on immigration. It will be released on DVD and pay-per-view online following Labor Day weekend.
During the interview, I asked Ruth what had changed most in America during her 80-years in the country.
Without hesitation, Ruth said “the kids.”
She claims that over the decades there has been an attitude change in American youngsters. “When I was young, if an adult told me to jump off a bridge I would jump. You didn’t question your parents, grandparents, teachers, police, aunts or uncles when I was a child. Today, if kids don’t like what an adult says, they either yell back, pout, protest or run away,” explained Ruth.
When I asked her who is to blame, she said the parents themselves. I added, “I think the media has something to do with it as well.” She agreed to a degree, but she was steady with her feelings about the kids today not being “respectful of their elders” and that parents need to right the ship.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- CLAIM: Conservative columnist: ‘I would take Obama back in a nanosecond’
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Benghazi Survivor Drops HOT FIRE After Hillary Attacks Trump For Not ‘Defending’ US Ambassadors