POLL: Are today’s kids more disrespectful than in years past?
Written by DML
Yesterday, I was editing some video taken during our America the Beautiful tour in May 2018. I was editing my interview of a Jewish, 90-year-old woman in Indiana who at 10-years-old escaped Hitler’s gas chambers.
Ruth, who died two-weeks after our interview, appears in my upcoming film: They Come to America 4: The Cost of Politics. The film is the 4th in a series of films I’ve made on immigration. It will be released on DVD and pay-per-view online following Labor Day weekend.
During the interview, I asked Ruth what had changed most in America during her 80-years in the country.
Without hesitation, Ruth said “the kids.”
She claims that over the decades there has been an attitude change in American youngsters. “When I was young, if an adult told me to jump off a bridge I would jump. You didn’t question your parents, grandparents, teachers, police, aunts or uncles when I was a child. Today, if kids don’t like what an adult says, they either yell back, pout, protest or run away,” explained Ruth.
When I asked her who is to blame, she said the parents themselves. I added, “I think the media has something to do with it as well.” She agreed to a degree, but she was steady with her feelings about the kids today not being “respectful of their elders” and that parents need to right the ship.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute
- REPORT: Hope Hicks, AMI agree to turn over documents for House probe into Trump
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks