POLL: Should Trump apologize for profane remarks against immigrants?
President Trump’s response to a group of bipartisan senators who were trying to sell him on a liberal-leaning immigration reform package Thursday afternoon have created mass chaos, as the left has erupted in outrage over what they interpret as his “racist” insult.
Instead of eliminating the visa lottery program, as Trump had stipulated, the group discussed protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of the package. The president then lost his patience and uttered the statement that quickly rocked the nation.
“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump reportedly stated, then added, “Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out.”
Trump’s remarks have been hotly condemned, as the left declared that it just proves their long-held claim that he is racist, and some on the right have said he should apologize for the harsh statement.
We want YOUR opinion. Should President Trump come forward and apologize for the statement? Please take our poll below. You can only choose one answer.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Amazon announces list of 20 cities as finalists for 2nd headquarters
- POLL: Do you approve of Trump issuing the ‘fake news’ awards?
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- NYC residents outraged over De Blasio’s choice of location for homeless shelter (photos)
- Woman assaulted at nightclub goes to hospital and makes horrifying discovery (video)
- Somalian Muslim immigrant cop arrested at concert (video)
- U.S. removes Haiti from low-skilled work visa list
- House Intel Committee releases full transcript of Fusion GPS testimony
- Memo on FISA abuses outrages GOP lawmakers, demand it be released to public (Video)
- Timberlake includes Trump in controversial music video (video)