POLL: Should Trump fire Rosenstein or keep him?
The fate of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has been up in the air since the New York Times published a report last Friday stating that he had suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House, and discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.
Monday morning, the media was all in a flurry when news got out that Rosenstein was on his way to the White House. Axios reported that Rosenstein had remarked that he was expecting to be fired.
Later, White House officials confirmed that Rosenstein was at the White House for a previously scheduled meeting, and was not fired, but would be meeting with President Trump on Thursday to discuss the “recent news stories.”
While in New York on Monday, President Trump told reporters, ““We’ll be meeting at the White House and we’ll be determining what’s going on. We want to have transparency, we want to have openness, and I look forward to meeting with Rod at that time.”
Since Rosenstein is the Department of Justice official overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s “Russia collusion probe,” many have stated it could be seen as an obstruction of justice if President Trump fires him.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should the president fire Rosenstein for his alleged remarks suggesting secret recordings and the 25th Amendment, or should he leave him be?
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez warns of ‘very real risk’ of Trump win in 2020, Trump responds