POLL: Should Trump fire Rosenstein or keep him?
The fate of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has been up in the air since the New York Times published a report last Friday stating that he had suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House, and discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.
Monday morning, the media was all in a flurry when news got out that Rosenstein was on his way to the White House. Axios reported that Rosenstein had remarked that he was expecting to be fired.
Later, White House officials confirmed that Rosenstein was at the White House for a previously scheduled meeting, and was not fired, but would be meeting with President Trump on Thursday to discuss the “recent news stories.”
While in New York on Monday, President Trump told reporters, ““We’ll be meeting at the White House and we’ll be determining what’s going on. We want to have transparency, we want to have openness, and I look forward to meeting with Rod at that time.”
Since Rosenstein is the Department of Justice official overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s “Russia collusion probe,” many have stated it could be seen as an obstruction of justice if President Trump fires him.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should the president fire Rosenstein for his alleged remarks suggesting secret recordings and the 25th Amendment, or should he leave him be?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office
- REPORT: Saudi Arabia makes HUGE deposit into American accounts as Pompeo lands in Riyadh
- BREAKING: Dem candidates for Congress raise record-shattering money for midterms
- POLL: Do you think the caravan heading to the US from Honduras will be allowed into the US