POLL: Did Trump do the right thing by replacing Tillerson?
President Trump dropped a bombshell Tuesday morning, when he tweeted the announcement that he had replaced Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State with former CIA Director Mike Pompeo.
In speaking with reporters soon after posting the Twitter announcement, President Trump thanked Tillerson for his service and wished him well, but said of Pompeo, ““We are always on the same wavelength. The relationship is very, very good, and that’s what I need as secretary of State.”
It has been reported that Pompeo will now have to go through another confirmation process, but he is expected to be approved for the new role.
Trump has nominated Gina Haspel, the Deputy Director of the CIA, to replace Pompeo as the new CIA Director.
We want YOUR opinion – please take our poll below!
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)