POLL: Did Trump do the right thing by replacing Tillerson?
President Trump dropped a bombshell Tuesday morning, when he tweeted the announcement that he had replaced Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State with former CIA Director Mike Pompeo.
In speaking with reporters soon after posting the Twitter announcement, President Trump thanked Tillerson for his service and wished him well, but said of Pompeo, ““We are always on the same wavelength. The relationship is very, very good, and that’s what I need as secretary of State.”
It has been reported that Pompeo will now have to go through another confirmation process, but he is expected to be approved for the new role.
Trump has nominated Gina Haspel, the Deputy Director of the CIA, to replace Pompeo as the new CIA Director.
We want YOUR opinion – please take our poll below!
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned