POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Monday delivered an opening monologue on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” addressing the growing controversy regarding past comments he made on a radio show, which some pundits in the mainstream media have labeled as misogynistic and inappropriate.
Media Matters, a left-leaning organization that routinely targets conservatives, released audio Sunday featuring Carlson’s appearances on a popular “shock jock” radio program hosted by Todd Clem. In the clips, Carlson makes a number of derogatory comments about women and comments about issues related to sexual abuse.
Critics of Carlson, mostly on the left, have lambasted Carlson and have voiced for a boycott of his show. Meanwhile, defenders of Carlson pointed out the radio show is primarily satire, and that there have been far worse examples of liberal media figures not being held to the same standard for their past controversial actions and comments.
In Carlson’s monologue, he labeled the mainstream media’s outrage as mob mentality, and states that he will not bow down to their demands of canceling his television show.
“Fox News is behind us, as they have been since the very first day,” Carlson said. “Toughness is a rare quality in a TV network, and we’re grateful for that.”
“We’ve always apologized when we’re wrong, and we’ll continue to do that,” he added. “That’s what decent people do. They apologize. But we will never bow to the mob, ever, no matter what.”
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) March 11, 2019
Based on Carlson’s response to the left’s outrage, should he be removed from Fox News for these past comments?
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)