POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos stirred up a firestorm from the left on Tuesday, after she stated during a House committee hearing that it should be up to the local school as to whether they would report undocumented students and their families to ICE.
Outraged Democrats, including the ACLU, slammed DeVos for the statement, saying any school who reports a child to ICE would violate the Constitution.
Civil rights and pro-immigrant advocates point back to the Supreme Court’s decision in Plyler v. Doe, saying that ruling “made clear … that public schools have a constitutional obligation to provide schooling for children, regardless of immigration status.”
When interviewed about why they come to America, many illegal aliens have stated it’s because they want their children to get a good education.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
Trending on DML News
- Hillary raises over $150k in just a few hours for illegals, DML responds
- POLL: Should kids be separated from illegal alien parents at border?
- BREAKING: Peter Strzok escorted out of FBI building amid investigation
- DML TV: Hillary says Trump spreading downright lies about border, DML responds
- UPDATE: Ex-CIA engineer charged in connection to huge breach known as Vault 7
- REPORT: Florida mom arrested after leaving 3-year-old in car for 12 hours
- REPORT: Trump plan to claw back billions in spending facing uncertain future
- REPORT: Kansas Judge Rules on Law Requiring Voters to Show Proof of Citizenship
- REPORT: ICE demands apology from New Yorker over tattoo claim
- BREAKING: L.A. sheriff’s detectives seize over 500 firearms from felon’s home (photos)