POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos stirred up a firestorm from the left on Tuesday, after she stated during a House committee hearing that it should be up to the local school as to whether they would report undocumented students and their families to ICE.
Outraged Democrats, including the ACLU, slammed DeVos for the statement, saying any school who reports a child to ICE would violate the Constitution.
Civil rights and pro-immigrant advocates point back to the Supreme Court’s decision in Plyler v. Doe, saying that ruling “made clear … that public schools have a constitutional obligation to provide schooling for children, regardless of immigration status.”
When interviewed about why they come to America, many illegal aliens have stated it’s because they want their children to get a good education.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended