POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos stirred up a firestorm from the left on Tuesday, after she stated during a House committee hearing that it should be up to the local school as to whether they would report undocumented students and their families to ICE.
Outraged Democrats, including the ACLU, slammed DeVos for the statement, saying any school who reports a child to ICE would violate the Constitution.
Civil rights and pro-immigrant advocates point back to the Supreme Court’s decision in Plyler v. Doe, saying that ruling “made clear … that public schools have a constitutional obligation to provide schooling for children, regardless of immigration status.”
When interviewed about why they come to America, many illegal aliens have stated it’s because they want their children to get a good education.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)