POLL: Is the US government doing enough to prevent Welfare fraud?
Welfare and food stamp fraud is rampant in the United States, with new stories being reported daily, all at the expense of U.S. taxpayers.
For example, in fiscal year 2015, improper welfare payments, including fraud, were estimated to be 10.1% of all federal welfare payments made and totaled $71.5 billion.
Every day the Justice Department reports Welfare fraud, Food Stamp fraud, and Healthcare fraud cases being prosecuted, many being massive schemes which have hauled in millions and millions of dollars of taxpayer money.
All of the fraudulent payments aren’t even staying in the United States. Monday, DML News shared a story from Fox9 Minneapolis, which described an investigation into a fraud scheme which is costing Minneapolis taxpayers as much as $100 million per year.
Fox 9 reported that mysterious suitcases stuffed with cash are being taken onto planes as carry-on luggage and flown to the Middle East. The Fox9 investigation has tracked the cash to daycare fraud among the Somali community in Minnesota. They fear the money is going to support terrorist organizations in the Middle East.
Fraud is also rampant in the medical community, with physicians and hospitals around the country being caught raking in millions in fraudulent charges to Medicare every year.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL – WE NEED YOUR OPINION.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s crackdown on security clearances?
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa