POLL: Is the US government doing enough to prevent Welfare fraud?
Welfare and food stamp fraud is rampant in the United States, with new stories being reported daily, all at the expense of U.S. taxpayers.
For example, in fiscal year 2015, improper welfare payments, including fraud, were estimated to be 10.1% of all federal welfare payments made and totaled $71.5 billion.
Every day the Justice Department reports Welfare fraud, Food Stamp fraud, and Healthcare fraud cases being prosecuted, many being massive schemes which have hauled in millions and millions of dollars of taxpayer money.
All of the fraudulent payments aren’t even staying in the United States. Monday, DML News shared a story from Fox9 Minneapolis, which described an investigation into a fraud scheme which is costing Minneapolis taxpayers as much as $100 million per year.
Fox 9 reported that mysterious suitcases stuffed with cash are being taken onto planes as carry-on luggage and flown to the Middle East. The Fox9 investigation has tracked the cash to daycare fraud among the Somali community in Minnesota. They fear the money is going to support terrorist organizations in the Middle East.
Fraud is also rampant in the medical community, with physicians and hospitals around the country being caught raking in millions in fraudulent charges to Medicare every year.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL – WE NEED YOUR OPINION.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
- BREAKING: Two injured in Indiana school shooting, shooter in custody
- REPORT: Michael Flynn tweets, deletes photo of Hillary Clinton with accused sex offender
- Trump Tweets: Releases a Twitter Storm against Dems!
- REPORT: Estimated 7,000 bodies may be buried at former asylum
- REPORT: Trump taps vocal anti-illegal immigration advocate for State Dept’s top refugee job
- REPORT: State Department warns of dangerous destinations in Mexico for Memorial Day weekend
- VIDEO: Assange may be forced from Embassy, wants to share information about ‘collusion’
- REPORT: Customers suing McDonald’s for $5M over cheese
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton tells what company she would like to control, to distribute ‘accurate news’