POLL: Is Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax telling the truth about sexual assault allegation?
Both top government leaders in Virginia are now embroiled in scandals and controversy, as Governor Ralph Northam is facing calls from the Democrat Party to resign over racist photos appearing in his college yearbook, and Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax has been hit with a sexual assault allegation.
Sunday night, an allegation was made by a woman identified as Vanessa Tyson, reportedly a professor at Scripps college, who claimed she was sexually assaulted during the DNC Convention in Boston in 2004 by a campaign staffer.
Fairfax blasted out a statement calling the allegation “false and unsubstantiated.” He noted that Tyson had previously gone to the Washington Post with the allegation over a year ago, around the time of his “historic inauguration,” but said they Post had refused to publish the story, due to the “absence of any evidence corroborating the allegation, and significant red flags and inconsistencies within the allegation.”
However, the Washington Post then pushed back, releasing graphic details of the allegations, and said it was not true that they did not find “significant red flags and inconsistencies within the allegations,” as Fairfax had stated. Instead, the Post said they couldn’t find anyone who could corroborate either version, casting doubt on his version as well.
“The woman described a sexual encounter that began with consensual kissing and ended with a forced act that left her crying and shaken,” The Washington Post reported.
Fairfax spoke to reporters Monday afternoon and admitted the encounter with the woman, saying he was 25 and unmarried when they met at a 2004 Democratic National Convention, but he insisted the sexual encounter was completely consensual.
Fairfax declared that he has ran for office twice before, but it was only after he won that she came forward. “No one who is telling the truth operates in that way,” he said. He noted that he is now in a unique position, as he would become Virginia’s next governor should Gov. Northam resign.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you believe Fairfax is telling the truth about the allegation against him?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry