POLL: Was President Trump wrong to pull US troops out of Syria?
President Trump shocked lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, along with the Pentagon, when he suddenly announced late Sunday night that the U.S. will pull troops out of northeast Syria, where they have been operating with Kurdish freedom fighters in the fight against ISIS.
The president said Turkey will move forward with its planned military operation into the area, and the U.S. will not be involved.
“Turkey will now be responsible for all ISIS fighters in the area captured over the past two years in the wake of the territorial ‘Caliphate’ by the United States,” a statement from the White House reads.
Outrage has erupted on Capitol Hill over the decision, as many fear it will lead to a resurgence of ISIS, and the Kurds, who have been America’s allies, will be slaughtered.
President Trump argues that ISIS has been defeated, and now the local countries need to work out their own problems, instead of the U.S. spending money holding the ISIS fighters.
“I held off this fight for almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home,” Trump said in a Twitter post, adding that the U.S. “will crush ISIS again if they come anywhere near us!”
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham and former UN ambassador Nikki Haley are among the many who have blasted Trump for his decision. Graham said the move is a “a disaster in the making” that will be a “stain on America’s honor for abandoning the Kurds.”
Haley said Turkey is “not our friend” and leaving the Kurds to die is a big mistake.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Did President Trump just make a major mistake by pulling troops out of Syria and abandoning the Kurds?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny