POLL: Was the State Department wrong to block the ambassador from testifying before Congress?
About an hour prior to a scheduled hearing Tuesday morning, the State Department ordered Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland NOT to appear for the deposition, infuriating Democrat lawmakers.
Sondland is considered a key witness in the impeachment inquiry, and Rep. Adam Schiff has stated that he posses messages on a device that are relevant to the impeachment inquiry.
Sondland had traveled to Washington from Brussels to appear for the hearing. Schiff has announced they will now issue a subpoena to compel him to testify.
In text messages already revealed, Sondland is shown to be denying claims that President Trump wanted the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on the former vice president Joe Biden and his son to help Trump’s reelection campaign.
President Trump tweeted Tuesday, “I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public to see.
“Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL TODAY – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! If Sondland was already defending the president, was the State Department wrong to block the ambassador from testifying before Congress?
….to see. Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2019
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny