POLL: Was the State Department wrong to block the ambassador from testifying before Congress?
About an hour prior to a scheduled hearing Tuesday morning, the State Department ordered Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland NOT to appear for the deposition, infuriating Democrat lawmakers.
Sondland is considered a key witness in the impeachment inquiry, and Rep. Adam Schiff has stated that he posses messages on a device that are relevant to the impeachment inquiry.
Sondland had traveled to Washington from Brussels to appear for the hearing. Schiff has announced they will now issue a subpoena to compel him to testify.
In text messages already revealed, Sondland is shown to be denying claims that President Trump wanted the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on the former vice president Joe Biden and his son to help Trump’s reelection campaign.
President Trump tweeted Tuesday, “I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public to see.
“Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL TODAY – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! If Sondland was already defending the president, was the State Department wrong to block the ambassador from testifying before Congress?
….to see. Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2019
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback