POLL: Was Trump wrong to tweet the 9/11 video condemning Ilhan Omar?
Democrats are outraged after President Trump tweeted out an edited video on Friday, calling out Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) over her statements downplaying the 9/11 terror attack as just “some people did something.”
In the video the president tweeted, Omar’s comments were edited in along with scenes from the horrific terror attack on the World Trade Center.
President Trump wrote, along with the video, “WE WILL NEVER FORGET!”
The president has now been hit with claims that he has jeopardized Omar’s safety by pushing out the video.
“It is wrong for the President, as Commander-in-Chief, to fan the flames to make anyone less safe,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared.
CNN’s Chris Cuomo was so triggered, he even apologized for sharing the video on air, vowing he would never do so again.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) declared that Omar’s life was now in danger. “Members of Congress have a duty to respond to the President’s explicit attack [email protected]’s life is in danger. For our colleagues to be silent is to be complicit in the outright, dangerous targeting of a member of Congress. We must speak out,” she claimed.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
Was President Trump wrong to call out Omar by sharing the video?
WE WILL NEVER FORGET! pic.twitter.com/VxrGFRFeJM
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 12, 2019
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake