POLL: Will Beto unseat Trump in 2020?
Democrats have been casting their names into the pool of running for president in 2020 for the past several weeks. There have been many announcements from various potential candidates, but none have struck conservatives as a real threat to defeating President — except for Beto O’Rourke.
Along with former Vice President Joe Biden, who is currently mulling a potential run, O’Rourke has been placed on a pedal stool by liberals and Democrats as the ideal guy to take on Trump in the 2020 presidential election. On Thursday, O’Rourke made their fantasies become a reality: he announced his intention to run for president.
O’Rourke was a fundraising enigma in the Senate race against Texas’ Ted Cruz, yet he still came out short of scoring a win. He made it clear in a video interview with 60 Minutes following the loss in the midterms that he had no intention of running for president anytime soon, and wants to focus on his family. He’s contradicted these statements a few months later, when he released a video with his wife to MSNBC, declaring his intention to run.
With the Texan Democrat now in the race, do you think Trump’s reelection chances have dimmed out?
Beto O’Rourke is running for president
This contradicts what he promised last year:
“I’m not looking at 2020. In fact, I’m completely ruling that out. Not going to do that…Win or lose, I’m not running in 2020…Since people have asked, the answer’s no”pic.twitter.com/0fTVFxC9o1
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 14, 2019
— CNN (@CNN) March 14, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh lands exciting new job opportunity
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- EXCLUSIVE: Judge Jeanine Pirro makes public comments on Fox News controversy