POLL: Will the falling stock market hurt Trump’s chances in 2020?
Earlier in 2018, the U.S. stock market appeared to be soaring, but started faltering by October, and ended up closing out 2018 as its worst year in a decade.
Tuesday, a free-for-all plunge began, after Apple cut its sales forecast for the last quarter, reporting that China is buying fewer iPhones.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook pointed to the unforeseen “magnitude of the economic deterioration” in China.
As Apple shares started sinking, so did other major stocks, and the Dow Jones industrial average had dropped over 650 points Thursday morning.
President Trump has often pointed to the booming U.S. economy and improving jobs market as one of the crowning achievements of his presidency.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Is the falling stock market a serious concern? Will it hurt President Trump’s chances of winning in 2020?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump