POLL: Will the falling stock market hurt Trump’s chances in 2020?
Earlier in 2018, the U.S. stock market appeared to be soaring, but started faltering by October, and ended up closing out 2018 as its worst year in a decade.
Tuesday, a free-for-all plunge began, after Apple cut its sales forecast for the last quarter, reporting that China is buying fewer iPhones.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook pointed to the unforeseen “magnitude of the economic deterioration” in China.
As Apple shares started sinking, so did other major stocks, and the Dow Jones industrial average had dropped over 650 points Thursday morning.
President Trump has often pointed to the booming U.S. economy and improving jobs market as one of the crowning achievements of his presidency.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Is the falling stock market a serious concern? Will it hurt President Trump’s chances of winning in 2020?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- REPORT: Twitter goes wild over Nancy Pelosi’s yellow motorcycle jacket
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday