POLL: Will President Trump lose support from his conservative base if he gives ‘dreamers’ permanent protection in exchange for the wall?
A bipartisan group of lawmakers given the task of working out a border security deal that both President Trump and Democrats can agree on will be meeting for the first time on Wednesday, as the clock is already ticking toward the February 15 deadline the president has set.
In announcing his decision to re-open the government last Friday, President Trump said if the agreement doesn’t include his requested funding for a border wall, he will shut down the government again.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Monday morning that he hopes the deal will include a permanent solution for DACA recipients.
When asked whether including a deal for the “dreamers” would cause President Trump to lose his conservative base, Gingrich said if President Trump explains that he kept his promise to build the wall, the base will still support him, regardless whether a deal includes protections for the “dreamers.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Will President Trump lose support from his conservative base if he includes permanent protections for DACA recipients in exchange for the wall?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet