POLL: Will President Trump lose support from his conservative base if he gives ‘dreamers’ permanent protection in exchange for the wall?

BY TEAM DML / JANUARY 28, 2019 /

A bipartisan group of lawmakers given the task of working out a border security deal that both President Trump and Democrats can agree on will be meeting for the first time on Wednesday, as the clock is already ticking toward the February 15 deadline the president has set.

In announcing his decision to re-open the government last Friday, President Trump said if the agreement doesn’t include his requested funding for a border wall, he will shut down the government again.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Monday morning that he hopes the deal will include a permanent solution for DACA recipients.

When asked whether including a deal for the “dreamers” would cause President Trump to lose his conservative base, Gingrich said if President Trump explains that he kept his promise to build the wall, the base will still support him, regardless whether a deal includes protections for the “dreamers.”

PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Will President Trump lose support from his conservative base if he includes permanent protections for DACA recipients in exchange for the wall?

1. Sarahrlucas January 28th, 2019 at 3:15 pm

easyprofit7.commmmm
    copy only one m

2. Sally J Becker January 28th, 2019 at 3:16 pm

DREAMERS SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN CITIZENSHIP, JUST PERMANENT RESIDENCY. THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE.

3. Dianne January 28th, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Protection for dreamers is fine. Permanent residence as long as they follow the law. Conviction and your gone.

No one who comes here illegally should ever get citizenship!

4. Phyllis H. January 28th, 2019 at 3:29 pm

During his campaign, didn’t Trump say the Dreamers should leave and come in legally? When he said he loves Dreamers after he was elected, I felt betrayed. I still support Trump overall, but any concessions to the “Dreamers” would really disappoint me.

5. Quercus January 28th, 2019 at 3:56 pm

If the poll is at least a bit accurate, Trump will lose near 50% of his base by doing a DACA amnesty. I suspect it would be higher. One also has to remember that unless it is specifically forbidden, that eventually these DACA people will get citizenship. Unless chain migration is ended, ever single one of them will be bringing in their entire family. That 700,000 will be multiplied by 6.

6. Sandra Thompson January 28th, 2019 at 5:26 pm

It’s a no win situation and citizens get screwed which ever way you look at it, I’m sick of the whole system and this country is so messed up I don’t think it’s ever going to be right.
    It’s shameful at how the Taxpayer has been paying for these illegals and yet our children get nothing.
    I don’t like these people and I resent them coming illegally when I came here the correct way, and I sure don’t like the so called refugees that are coming to destroy this Nation too.
    What a mess this country is in.

7. Karen Huston January 28th, 2019 at 5:39 pm

If legal status applies only to the so-called DACA qualifier, no relatives.

8. Suzanne January 28th, 2019 at 5:42 pm

I know I would accept the Dreamers for the wall, as long as they have a legitimate way to identify actual “dreamers”. Make sure they are paying taxes and that their SS is based on wages earned going forward. I know most will vote Democrat but heck I really do believe most, are already voting anyway. I have nothing against hard working dreamers that want to be Americans. But all of the illegals that came here on their own, of age and of their own free will, should have to go home and apply to come here legally. Plus we need to fix our lax immigration system, automatic chain migration and of course begin mandatory E-Verify.

9. Karen January 28th, 2019 at 11:01 pm

No dreamers President has more choices
    NO DREAMERS .WE HAVE Americans
    dreamers.
    .American dreamers are FIRST.

10. Karen January 28th, 2019 at 11:10 pm

President Trump has promise list but was not DACA or ILIGALS….
    on the list…….

11. Robert January 29th, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Daca is the end of America.

12. Jim January 29th, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Who are these morons saying No? Trump will lose in a landslide if he caves on DACA.