POLL: Will President Trump lose support from his conservative base if he gives ‘dreamers’ permanent protection in exchange for the wall?
A bipartisan group of lawmakers given the task of working out a border security deal that both President Trump and Democrats can agree on will be meeting for the first time on Wednesday, as the clock is already ticking toward the February 15 deadline the president has set.
In announcing his decision to re-open the government last Friday, President Trump said if the agreement doesn’t include his requested funding for a border wall, he will shut down the government again.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Monday morning that he hopes the deal will include a permanent solution for DACA recipients.
When asked whether including a deal for the “dreamers” would cause President Trump to lose his conservative base, Gingrich said if President Trump explains that he kept his promise to build the wall, the base will still support him, regardless whether a deal includes protections for the “dreamers.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Will President Trump lose support from his conservative base if he includes permanent protections for DACA recipients in exchange for the wall?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry