POLL: Will you take a flight in a self-flying commercial airplane?
A new report is claiming that self-driving airplanes are soon to be a reality.
Airbus is developing an autonomous air taxi dubbed Vahana. The tilt-wing, multi-propeller craft is designed to take off and land in tight spaces and is able to fly approximately 50 miles before its batteries need recharging.
Boeing has said the basic building blocks of the technology to build full-size commercial airplanes are available. Key elements, including the artificial intelligence system, would enable the computerized aircrafts to make decisions that pilots would make. Testing will begin next year.
There is already the self-driving car, and commercial-sized self-driving trucks are being rolled out now. The question is, would you be willing to take a flight knowing there is no pilot and that everything relies on a computer?
Trending on DML News
- List of NFL players who disrespected the American flag this Sunday
- POLL: Will you ride out the NFL boycott to the very end, or give in on Super Bowl Sunday?
- VIDEO: Widow of fallen soldier blasts Trump: He couldn’t remember my husband’s name
- TRUMP TWEETS response to widow’s interview on GMA
- Photo of Trump wearing glasses goes viral
- Hillary swears on TV while bashing Trump’s inauguration (video)
- Source: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s contract negotiations delayed by anthem protests
- REPORT: B-52 bombers prepping for 24-hour alert status
- House committee starts investigating Uranium One deal as possible crime
- Gone Viral: High school football team’s patriotic pre-game show (video)