POLL: Will you take a flight in a self-flying commercial airplane?
A new report is claiming that self-driving airplanes are soon to be a reality.
Airbus is developing an autonomous air taxi dubbed Vahana. The tilt-wing, multi-propeller craft is designed to take off and land in tight spaces and is able to fly approximately 50 miles before its batteries need recharging.
Boeing has said the basic building blocks of the technology to build full-size commercial airplanes are available. Key elements, including the artificial intelligence system, would enable the computerized aircrafts to make decisions that pilots would make. Testing will begin next year.
There is already the self-driving car, and commercial-sized self-driving trucks are being rolled out now. The question is, would you be willing to take a flight knowing there is no pilot and that everything relies on a computer?
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)