POLL: Will you take a flight in a self-flying commercial airplane?
A new report is claiming that self-driving airplanes are soon to be a reality.
Airbus is developing an autonomous air taxi dubbed Vahana. The tilt-wing, multi-propeller craft is designed to take off and land in tight spaces and is able to fly approximately 50 miles before its batteries need recharging.
Boeing has said the basic building blocks of the technology to build full-size commercial airplanes are available. Key elements, including the artificial intelligence system, would enable the computerized aircrafts to make decisions that pilots would make. Testing will begin next year.
There is already the self-driving car, and commercial-sized self-driving trucks are being rolled out now. The question is, would you be willing to take a flight knowing there is no pilot and that everything relies on a computer?
Trending on DML News
- Report: Bannon hearing infuriated lawmakers, turned into free-for-all
- POLL: Do you believe the doctor’s report on Trump’s medical exam?
- BREAKING: Dow Jones Industrial Average closes at record-breaking milestone
- DOJ releases alarming report on foreign-born terrorists and criminals in the U.S.
- Lawmakers call for Clapper to be prosecuted
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- Florida sheriffs make a deal with ICE (video)
- Ex-CIA Officer suspected of being mole for China arrested at JFK
- Trump silences CNN reporter with one word (video)
- Report: Pakistani IT aides hired by 44 House Dems had infiltrated other servers