Protests set for Gaza as Israel celebrates with Ivanka
Israel’s government prepared enthusiastically Sunday for the formal opening of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem with a gala party at its Foreign Ministry that included President Trump’s daughter Ivanka, her husband, Jared Kushner, and other American VIPs.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told revelers that Trump’s December declaration recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital was “the right thing to do.” Netanyahu said, “Thank you, President Trump, for your bold decision. Thank you for making the alliance between Israel and the United States stronger than ever.”
The prime minister said Trump’s decision recognized a 3,000-year Jewish connection to Jerusalem and the “truth” that Jerusalem would be Israel’s capital under any future peace deal.
Meanwhile, Israel said it had bolster its forces on the border with the Gaza Strip ahead of mass protests expected to draw tens of thousands of people. The mobilization includes combat battalions, special units, intelligence forces and snipers. Israeli warplanes also dropped leaflets in Gaza, urging residents to stay far from the fence.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement