RAMADAN 2019 — Month of Violence: Jihadis Kill 165, Wound 145 In First Week
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Islamic terrorists, mainly the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL), carried out more than 30 attacks in over ten countries during the first week of the ongoing holy month of Ramadan, killing at least 166 people and injuring 155 others, a Breitbart News count shows. That means, so far, jihadis have killed an average of 24 people and injured 22 others each day during the first week of the holy month.
In 2019, Ramadan, a time when Islamic extremists believe Allah doubly rewards martyrdom and jihad, began at sunset on May 5 and is expected to last through sundown on June 4.
The article goes on to state the following:
Breitbart News’ count excludes attacks that took place on May 5. This week, the Ramadan death toll covers 33 incidents that took place in ten countries between May 6 and 12: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Iraq, Pakistan, Kenya, Somalia, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Syria. During the first week of the holiest month for Muslims, Breitbart News determined that Afghanistan (61 deaths, 44 injuries) and Iraq (29 deaths, 27 injuries) were the deadliest countries. Afghanistan alone accounts for more than 35 percent of all deaths and about 30 percent of all injuries.
Despite the complete fall of the so-called ISIS caliphate in March, U.S. military and intelligence officials believe the group remains a significant threat in its home base of Iraq and Syria and beyond. So far, ISIS is the most prolific jihadi group during Ramadan, responsible for 13 attacks that left 47 people dead and 42 others injured. All but one (Nigeria) of the incidents took place in Iraq and Syria. Jihadist groups urge their followers and supporters to intensify their efforts to castigate infidels during the holy month, arguing that Allah exceptionally rewards martyrdom on Ramadan.
Uniformed gunmen opened fire on protesters on Monday evening soon after Sudanese broke their Ramadan fast, killing six people and wounding scores morehttps://t.co/OOGSQ8c2gv
— Middle East Eye (@MiddleEastEye) May 14, 2019
— Davneet Bakshi (@devil_bakshi) May 9, 2019
Hardly the pious or Islamic way of starting Ramadan, as insurgents target police station in Baghlan, and end up wounding/killing fellow Afghans – policemen and civilians – as they get ready to celebrate Ramadan with their families. #Afghanistan https://t.co/ZHYNhQeJfE
— The Hoplite Group (@HopliteGroup) May 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales