Rand Paul calls out the government’s “wasteful spending” (video)
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) called out runaway federal spending days after he forced a short-lived government shutdown with a lengthy floor speech denouncing the budget deficit.
Speaking to radio host John Catsimatidis on New York radio station AM 970, Paul took aim at what he called “wasteful spending.”
Paul cited examples such as, “We spent $700,000 last year studying what Neil Armstrong said when he landed on the moon.”
“Remember, he said ‘one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.’ Well, some idiot in government took $700,000 of taxpayer money and wanted to know whether he said ‘one small step for man’ or ‘one small step for a man.’ So that’s the kind of stuff your government is spending money on,” Paul revealed.
The lawmaker also told Catsimatidis that he has been pushing for the Defense Department to be audited.
“Before we give them more money, make them account for the money they’re already spending,” he said.
According to The Hill:
Paul has long been considered one of the Senate’s fiercest budget hawks, and has turned his ire against his own party, at times, accusing Republicans of denouncing deficits under Democratic presidential administrations while embracing high spending under President Trump.
Paul forced a brief government shutdown early Friday morning, after he delayed a vote on a sweeping spending bill with a lengthy speech on the Senate floor. That bill, which included increases in both domestic and military spending, eventually passed hours later and was signed by Trump, ending the shutdown.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter