REPORT: 10 Democrats break with leaders, support GOP bill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Ten House Democrats voted with Republicans in favor of a motion to scrap a Democratic bill to fully fund the government and instead make sure federal workers are paid as the shutdown continues.
Democratic leaders decided to call up a bill Wednesday to fund the entire government. But just before the final vote, Republicans made a motion to erase that bill and instead vote on a measure to ensure federal workers are paid.
The article goes on to state the following:
The GOP motion failed 200-215, and these sorts of last-minute motions fail every time.
But winning more than 10 votes from the other side of the aisle could be a sign that Democrats are increasingly looking for a way out of the shutdown, which is hurting federal workers with each passing week.
10 Democrats break with leaders, support GOP bill to pay workers during the shutdown https://t.co/tksERjjN8h
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo
- VIDEO: CNN reporter stomps ‘nightmare’ lizard during live report
- Canada PM Trudeau motorcade involved in Los Angeles car accident