REPORT: Over 1,000 Sharks Spotted In Mysterious Gathering Off East Coast
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by HuffingtonPost.com:
Nearly 1,400 basking sharks were spotted in aerial photos in a puzzling gathering off the East Coast of the U.S.
The unusual plankton-eating basking sharks are the second largest fish in the world — surpassed only by the whale shark — and have been generally believed to be solitary swimmers. The huge fish can reach 32 feet in length and weigh as much as five tons.
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
An analysis of satellite and aerial photos found hundreds of them collected in a kind of shark conference in the waters off southern New England in 2013, according to a new study. Scientist suspect the gathering wasn’t related to mating. The animals were all adults or juveniles, according to the research published this month in the Journal of Fish Biology.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting HuffingtonPost.com.
— blicqer™ (@blicqer) April 15, 2018
Researchers discovered a rare event that took place in November of 2013: 1,398 basking sharks gathered off the coast of southern New England. https://t.co/fxPnDRBDTc
— Smithsonian Magazine (@SmithsonianMag) April 15, 2018
Basking sharks are normally solitary. But now they are showing up in groups of 1,400 along U.S. shorelines. Scientists are stumped. https://t.co/pRZCPqC5lX
— Heal the Bay (@HealTheBay) April 15, 2018
Trending on DML News
- GONE VIRAL: Mom of killed Navy SEAL hero rips Democrat for Purple Heart for Strzok comment
- Gowdy: Rosenstein should not be impeached, public hearings a joke
- REPORT: James Woods threatened by Stormi Daniels’ lawyer
- REPORT: Gowdy says Mueller probe is not a witch hunt
- REPORT: California Dems stun Sen Feinstein
- POLL: Who is the most dangerous Democrat in 2020?
- VIDEO: SF Mayor: ‘There’s More Feces … Than I’ve Ever Seen’
- REPORT: Russia responds in agreement to Trump’s statement on Twitter
- VIDEO: John Bolton Speaks Out on WH Decision To Cancel His CNN Interview, Russia and more
- VIDEO: Trump raves about ‘beautiful’ Queen, internet complains about ‘awkward moment’