REPORT: The 12 Republican senators who defied Trump on emergency declaration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Twelve Senate Republicans from different corners of the party banded together Thursday to deliver President Trump the biggest rebuke of his presidency, voting to disapprove of his emergency declaration for the Southern border.
The Republican rebels joined every single Senate Democrat in the chamber, who also voted to block Trump’s emergency declaration, which grants him access to $3.6 billion in military construction funding to build border barriers.
The article goes on to state the following:
In the end, the vote boiled down to an effort by GOP lawmakers to preserve their power of the purse, even though they agree with Trump’s desire to secure the border to halt the flow of drugs and illegal immigrants.
The 12 Republican senators who voted against Trump’s National Emergency Declaration are:
- Susan Collins (Maine)
- Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
- Rand Paul (Ky.)
- Mike Lee (Utah)
- Rob Portman (Ohio)
- Pat Toomey (Pa.)
- Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
- Roy Blunt (Mo.)
- Mitt Romney (Utah)
- Marco Rubio (Fla.)
- Jerry Moran (Kan.)
- Roger Wicker (Miss.)
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance