REPORT: The 12 Republican senators who defied Trump on emergency declaration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Twelve Senate Republicans from different corners of the party banded together Thursday to deliver President Trump the biggest rebuke of his presidency, voting to disapprove of his emergency declaration for the Southern border.
The Republican rebels joined every single Senate Democrat in the chamber, who also voted to block Trump’s emergency declaration, which grants him access to $3.6 billion in military construction funding to build border barriers.
The article goes on to state the following:
In the end, the vote boiled down to an effort by GOP lawmakers to preserve their power of the purse, even though they agree with Trump’s desire to secure the border to halt the flow of drugs and illegal immigrants.
The 12 Republican senators who voted against Trump’s National Emergency Declaration are:
- Susan Collins (Maine)
- Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
- Rand Paul (Ky.)
- Mike Lee (Utah)
- Rob Portman (Ohio)
- Pat Toomey (Pa.)
- Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
- Roy Blunt (Mo.)
- Mitt Romney (Utah)
- Marco Rubio (Fla.)
- Jerry Moran (Kan.)
- Roger Wicker (Miss.)
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”