REPORT: 13 children whisked to the hospital after classmate brings drugs to school
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A 13-year-old boy brought balloons full of cocaine to his school Friday, resulting in medical exams for a group of his schoolmates, police said.
Fortunately, all of the children tested negative, FOX 26 of Fresno reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The students at Carl F. Smith Middle School in Terra Bella, about 43 milles north of Bakersfield, discovered two balloons in the playground, the Visalia Times Delta reported, citing law enforcement.
School officials assumed the white powdery substance inside the balloons was flour, but as a precaution called authorities around 8:30 a.m., Sheriff’s Lt. Kevin Kemmerling said.
“The deflated balloons, similar to drug bindle packaging, had a white powdery substance inside and outside the packaging,” the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.
Narcotics officers determined the substance was cocaine.
Authorities found traces of the drug on the boy’s shirt and in his home after a K9 search, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. No additional cocaine was found at the school, the Sheriff’s Office said.
“The reasons (the students) contacted school staff is they were messing with the balloons and they pulled open the balloons and saw white powdery substance and two students became very dizzy,” Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux said.
In all, 13 kids were exposed to the drug, and transported to a hospital 9 miles away, officials said. Classes resumed after investigators gave an all-clear.
13 kids were exposed to cocaine this morning at Carl F. Smith Middle School in Terra Bella. The drug was inside balloons detectives say a 13-year-old brought to school https://t.co/4t4khGl47Q
— FOX26 News (@KMPHFOX26) September 14, 2018
Kids hospitalized from cocaine balloons at Calif. middle school https://t.co/zeLHUoTetS
— Drug Testing News (@DrugTestNews) September 15, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments