REPORT: 16 killed in mosque attack: security sources
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
Ouagadougou (AFP) – Sixteen people died and two were seriously injured in an attack on a mosque in Burkina Faso’s volatile north, security sources said Saturday.
Armed men attacked the Grand Mosque in Salmossi on Friday evening, a source told AFP, adding that 13 died on the spot and three succumbed to their injuries later.
The article goes on to state the following:
Two of the wounded are in critical condition, the source added.
In a twitter post, the United Nations stated:
“The Secretary-General strongly condemns the attack on a mosque in the town of Salmossi during Friday prayers on 11 Oct.
“The Secretary-General expresses his deep condolences to the families of the deceased, the people and the Government of Burkina Faso.”
The Secretary-General strongly condemns the attack on a mosque in the town of Salmossi during Friday prayers on 11 Oct.
The Secretary-General expresses his deep condolences to the families of the deceased, the people and the Government of Burkina Faso. https://t.co/ciPvtmFh9G
— UN Spokesperson (@UN_Spokesperson) October 13, 2019
Sixteen people dead and two seriously injured in an attack on a mosque in Burkina Faso’s volatile north, security sources sayhttps://t.co/UxKAJ9nKy3
— TRT World (@trtworld) October 12, 2019
— FRANCE 24 English (@France24_en) October 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott