REPORT: 2020 candidate considering ending presidential bid to run for Senate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) is considering ending his White House bid and pursuing a Senate run instead, the New York Times reported Tuesday.
Four Democratic sources familiar with his thinking told the outlet that the two-term governor is giving serious consideration to challenging Republican Sen. Cory Gardner (Colo.), a move many have have called for in hopes of helping Democrats retake the Senate.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hickenlooper reportedly discussed the possibility with Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), another 2020 candidate, during a drive before an event in Iowa.
Hickenlooper has not yet qualified for the third and fourth Democratic primary debates this fall.
On Friday night in Clear Lake, Iowa, Hickenlooper hooped into Michael Bennet’s car and the two had a 20-minute chat about his future while driving around town. https://t.co/4e0DEuhJ9N
— Reid J. Epstein (@reidepstein) August 13, 2019
John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado’s Republican-held Senate seat. https://t.co/cvKzgSrS6K
— NYT Politics (@nytpolitics) August 13, 2019
— Ross Kaminsky (@Rossputin) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- VIDEO: Jesse Watters: Trump conducting the media like an orchestra