REPORT: 2020 candidate considering ending presidential bid to run for Senate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) is considering ending his White House bid and pursuing a Senate run instead, the New York Times reported Tuesday.
Four Democratic sources familiar with his thinking told the outlet that the two-term governor is giving serious consideration to challenging Republican Sen. Cory Gardner (Colo.), a move many have have called for in hopes of helping Democrats retake the Senate.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hickenlooper reportedly discussed the possibility with Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), another 2020 candidate, during a drive before an event in Iowa.
Hickenlooper has not yet qualified for the third and fourth Democratic primary debates this fall.
On Friday night in Clear Lake, Iowa, Hickenlooper hooped into Michael Bennet’s car and the two had a 20-minute chat about his future while driving around town. https://t.co/4e0DEuhJ9N
— Reid J. Epstein (@reidepstein) August 13, 2019
John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado’s Republican-held Senate seat. https://t.co/cvKzgSrS6K
— NYT Politics (@nytpolitics) August 13, 2019
— Ross Kaminsky (@Rossputin) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?