REPORT: 5 races that might not be decided on Election Night
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
As voters cast their ballots across the country, the number of tight races makes it all but inevitable that some contests won’t be called on Election Night — in several states and districts, the vote count could drag into the wee morning hours of Wednesday, and at least one might not be decided until late November, even December.
Here are just five races that could keep the midterm drama alive past Election Night:
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrat Stacey Abrams is neck-and-neck with Republican Brian Kemp. Georgia requires the leading candidate to pass a 50 percent threshold to avoid a Dec. 4 runoff. Should neither candidate achieve that, it would lead to another month before we know who is Georgia’s next governor.
While Cindy Hyde-Smith enjoys a comfortable lead in the polls, Mississippi law requires the winning candidate to pick up 50 percent to avoid a run-off. Not even Hyde-Smith’s campaign thinks she will hit the 50 percent mark, meaning that a run-off is likely — something that would draw national attention to the South in the next few weeks, especially if control of the Senate is still at stake.
Democrat Kyrsten Sinema is challenging Republican Martha McSally. Due to its geography, Arizona will start counting later. We may not know the winner until Wednesday morning.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is locked in a tight re-election battle with Democratic challenger Tony Evers. With the race so close, it could be until Wednesday when a winner is declared.
California calls its races later than the rest of the country. One of those races could be the 48th District, where incumbent Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is likewise in a dead heat with Democratic challenger Harley Rouda.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet