REPORT: On 5th anniversary of Snowden leak, one state effectively bans the NSA
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden marks five years in exile next month. And 11 days after the anniversary of his initial public surveillance disclosure, the first state will implement a law that arguably cuts the NSA off from local water and electricity.
There isn’t a known NSA facility in Michigan, but the law’s author says it sends a clear message with a ban on state and local officials, including law enforcement and public utilities, cooperating with federal agencies that allegedly collect personal data without legal process.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It hangs up a sign on Michigan’s door saying, ‘No violation of the Fourth Amendment, look elsewhere’,” said state Rep. Martin Howrylak, a Republican. “Democrats as well as Republicans would certainly stand very strong in our position on what this law means.”
Michigan’s Fourth Amendment Rights Protection Act takes effect June 17 after passing with a single “no” vote in the legislature.
The new law is the biggest accomplishment yet growing out of efforts to block water to a massive NSA data-storage center in Bluffdale, Utah. After Snowden’s leaks, lawmakers from Alaska to South Carolina introduced similar measures, but almost all failed.
CLICK HERE to read the complete report.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s crackdown on security clearances?
- REPORT: Federal judge hands Obama Presidential Center opponents a win
- VIDEO: James Clapper Responds to News About Trump Revoking Security Clearances
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance