REPORT: 95 people killed in overnight massacre as ethnic violence escalates in Mali
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Bamako, Mali — Unknown assailants killed at least 95 people in an ethnic Dogon village overnight in the latest massacre to destabilize central Mali, a government official said Monday. The attacks may have been reprisal for an earlier spasm of ethnic violence that occurred this year.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, though tensions have been high since an ethnic Dogon militia was accused of carrying out a larger massacre in an ethnic Peuhl village in March. Youssouf Toloba, who leads the Dogon militia known as Dan Na Ambassagou, has denied that his fighters carried out the March bloodshed that left at least 157 people dead. Some Peuhl leaders, however, have vowed to carry out reprisal attacks.
The article goes on to state the following:
The latest attackers are suspected “terrorists,” Mali’s government said in a statement later Monday. “This carnage” also left homes burned and animals killed, the statement said. Security reinforcements were deployed to track the perpetrators, it said.
Another 19 people are missing after the Dogon village of Sobane was attacked early Monday morning, according to Amadou Sangho, spokesman for the Interior Security ministry.
BREAKING: Government official says 95 people dead, 19 missing after attack on ethnic Dogon village in central Mali. https://t.co/wQCawnVbpV
— AP Africa (@AP_Africa) June 10, 2019
At least 95 people were killed Sunday evening when armed men attacked an ethnic Dogon village in central Mali, a mayor told CNN https://t.co/mYktBAHqDy
— CNN (@CNN) June 10, 2019
Nearly 100 people killed in attack in central Mali village inhabited by Dogon ethnic group, reports say https://t.co/ogxQv2fLNm
— BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) June 10, 2019
— ACE (@ACEngagement) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- REPORT: Democrats refuse to accept Trump’s new proposal for border wall
- REPORT: Critics pan Jim Acosta’s new book, Twitter ROASTS him