REPORT: Why active-duty troops at border will not receive combat pay
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Pentagon officials said Monday that the 5,200 troops deployed to the U.S.-Mexico border will not receive “combat pay” or “danger pay,” compensation for working in a dangerous environment.
“Members who are deployed in support of the Department of Homeland Security’s border mission are not eligible for imminent-danger pay,” Defense Department spokesman Col. Robert Manning told The Hill.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manning explained that troops do not qualify for the additional money unless they are on duty “in foreign areas, designated as such because of wartime conditions, civil war, civil insurrection or terrorism.”
Troops will also not receive hostile-fire pay since the border mission is considered noncombative.
“Our military will not receive combat pay or hostile-fire pay as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire,” Manning said.
Additionally, those troops won’t be getting combat or hostile-fire pay, the Pentagon continued, “as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire.” https://t.co/7jcWQG4QPn
— Emma Carew Grovum (@emmacarew) November 6, 2018
“Our military will not receive combat pay or hostile-fire pay as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire.”
— Jared Keller (@jaredbkeller) November 6, 2018
Pentagon says by day’s end there will be 5200 active duty troops in the Southwest Border region, heading toward a total of 7,000. Not getting combat pay, says Spoke Col. Manning, who says they’re NOT in a combat zone, despite @realDonaldTrump insisting the caravan in an invasion!
— Jamie McIntyre (@jamiejmcintyre) November 5, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband goes after Trump on potential re-election
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting