REPORT: Why active-duty troops at border will not receive combat pay
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Pentagon officials said Monday that the 5,200 troops deployed to the U.S.-Mexico border will not receive “combat pay” or “danger pay,” compensation for working in a dangerous environment.
“Members who are deployed in support of the Department of Homeland Security’s border mission are not eligible for imminent-danger pay,” Defense Department spokesman Col. Robert Manning told The Hill.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manning explained that troops do not qualify for the additional money unless they are on duty “in foreign areas, designated as such because of wartime conditions, civil war, civil insurrection or terrorism.”
Troops will also not receive hostile-fire pay since the border mission is considered noncombative.
“Our military will not receive combat pay or hostile-fire pay as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire,” Manning said.
Additionally, those troops won’t be getting combat or hostile-fire pay, the Pentagon continued, “as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire.” https://t.co/7jcWQG4QPn
— Emma Carew Grovum (@emmacarew) November 6, 2018
“Our military will not receive combat pay or hostile-fire pay as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire.”
— Jared Keller (@jaredbkeller) November 6, 2018
Pentagon says by day’s end there will be 5200 active duty troops in the Southwest Border region, heading toward a total of 7,000. Not getting combat pay, says Spoke Col. Manning, who says they’re NOT in a combat zone, despite @realDonaldTrump insisting the caravan in an invasion!
— Jamie McIntyre (@jamiejmcintyre) November 5, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- EXCLUSIVE: Snipes explains ballot box left in rental car that shut down airport (VIDEOS, PHOTOS)
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- POLL: Do you trust the U.S. election system?
- REPORT: FDA recalls another blood pressure drug for possible cancer risk