REPORT: Why active-duty troops at border will not receive combat pay
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Pentagon officials said Monday that the 5,200 troops deployed to the U.S.-Mexico border will not receive “combat pay” or “danger pay,” compensation for working in a dangerous environment.
“Members who are deployed in support of the Department of Homeland Security’s border mission are not eligible for imminent-danger pay,” Defense Department spokesman Col. Robert Manning told The Hill.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manning explained that troops do not qualify for the additional money unless they are on duty “in foreign areas, designated as such because of wartime conditions, civil war, civil insurrection or terrorism.”
Troops will also not receive hostile-fire pay since the border mission is considered noncombative.
“Our military will not receive combat pay or hostile-fire pay as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire,” Manning said.
Additionally, those troops won’t be getting combat or hostile-fire pay, the Pentagon continued, “as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire.” https://t.co/7jcWQG4QPn
— Emma Carew Grovum (@emmacarew) November 6, 2018
“Our military will not receive combat pay or hostile-fire pay as they are not deploying to a combat area, nor are they expected to be subject to hostile fire.”
— Jared Keller (@jaredbkeller) November 6, 2018
Pentagon says by day’s end there will be 5200 active duty troops in the Southwest Border region, heading toward a total of 7,000. Not getting combat pay, says Spoke Col. Manning, who says they’re NOT in a combat zone, despite @realDonaldTrump insisting the caravan in an invasion!
— Jamie McIntyre (@jamiejmcintyre) November 5, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…