REPORT: Airline extends flight suspensions amid coronavirus outbreak
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
American Airlines extended its flight suspensions to mainland China and Hong Kong through late April, citing “reduction in demand,” the company announced Tuesday.
“We will continue to evaluate this schedule and make any adjustments as necessary,” American said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
Other U.S. carriers have similarly suspended flights to China as the coronavirus outbreak continues. Delta Airlines canceled flights to mainland China through late April, while United Airlines suspended flights to China through late March and Hong Kong through late February.
The coronavirus is now called COVID-19.
“Co” stands for coronavirus, “Vi” is for virus and “D” is for disease, explained Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director general at the World Health Organization.
“With 99 percent of cases in China, this remains very much an emergency for that country, but one that holds a very grave threat for the rest of the world,” Dr. Tedros said.
Here are the latest updates on COVID-19:
- The first vaccine could be available in 18 months, “so we have to do everything today using available weapons,” World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in Geneva on Tuesday (via Reuters).
- The virus has sickened more than 42,000 people in China (via NBC News).
- There are 393 COVID-19 cases abroad, in a total of 24 countries (via New York Times).
- 13 cases have been confirmed in the U.S.
— Reuters (@Reuters) February 11, 2020
BREAKING: New coronavirus gets official name from the WHO: COVID-19. https://t.co/s7IB8bezLK
— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 11, 2020
— KKMPutrajaya (@KKMPutrajaya) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- OpEd: Bernie Sanders may have just lost Florida to President Trump
- VIDEO: Ex-ambassador responds to Biden’s claim of getting arrested in South Africa
- VIDEO: Cops name ‘extremely dangerous’ twice-deported suspect wanted for cemetery murders
- REPORT: Police told a mother her DNA would identify a dead relative. They arrested her son instead.
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- TRUMP TWEET: Shares hilarious edited video of himself holding ‘Mini Mike’