REPORT: Al Sharpton Addresses Possible 2020 Run for President
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
MSNBC host and civil rights activist Al Sharpton said in a new interview he won’t rule out a run for president in 2020, adding he isn’t currently mounting a bid.
“I never rule anything out,” Sharpton told BuzzFeed News.
— Rachel Noerdlinger (@rachelnoerd) August 7, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
The progressive firebrand and outspoken critic of President Donald Trump ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004, although it was viewed as more of a stunt than a serious attempt at the White House. He also ran previously for U.S. Senate and New York mayor.
Sharpton was a strong ally of President Barack Obama and said he would never use his MSNBC platform to criticize his administration. Sharpton, who has known Trump for decades as a fellow fixture of New York, has blasted him as racist.
If Sharpton did take the plunge in 2020, he would likely join a crowded field of candidates. Among those rumored to be considering or actively considering a run include former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.), Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.), former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D.), and former Attorney General Eric Holder.
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- On a Pacific island, a nuclear dome left behind by the US begins to crack
- DML TV
- REPORT: Arizona Gov. backs Trump on Mexico border closure
- VIDEO: Fox’s Chris Wallace challenges Graham over past comments on ignoring subpoenas
- BREAKING: Project Veritas releases bombshell undercover videos of Beto O’Rourke campaign
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally