REPORT: Al Sharpton calls for resignations to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rev. Al Sharpton on Thursday called for Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring to resign after they both admitted to wearing blackface in the 1980s.
“If you sin, you must pay for the sin,” Sharpton said at the Virginia Union University’s weekly chapel service. “Blackface represents a deeper problem where people felt they could dehumanize and humiliate people based on their inferiority.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“When we’re reacting to blackface, we’re not reacting to the act. We’re reacting to what the act represents,” he added, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Northam, a Democrat, so far has refused to bow to increasing pressure to resign over the controversy stemming from a photo showing one man dressed up in blackface and another in Ku Klux Klan garb. Northam denies he was in the photo, but did admit he wore blackface for a Michael Jackson costume in the 1980s.
Al Sharpton: Virginia Gov. Northam, AG Herring must resign to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface https://t.co/ICRVESb3rs
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190