REPORT: Al Sharpton calls for resignations to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rev. Al Sharpton on Thursday called for Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring to resign after they both admitted to wearing blackface in the 1980s.
“If you sin, you must pay for the sin,” Sharpton said at the Virginia Union University’s weekly chapel service. “Blackface represents a deeper problem where people felt they could dehumanize and humiliate people based on their inferiority.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“When we’re reacting to blackface, we’re not reacting to the act. We’re reacting to what the act represents,” he added, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Northam, a Democrat, so far has refused to bow to increasing pressure to resign over the controversy stemming from a photo showing one man dressed up in blackface and another in Ku Klux Klan garb. Northam denies he was in the photo, but did admit he wore blackface for a Michael Jackson costume in the 1980s.
Al Sharpton: Virginia Gov. Northam, AG Herring must resign to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface https://t.co/ICRVESb3rs
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy