REPORT: Al Sharpton calls for resignations to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rev. Al Sharpton on Thursday called for Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring to resign after they both admitted to wearing blackface in the 1980s.
“If you sin, you must pay for the sin,” Sharpton said at the Virginia Union University’s weekly chapel service. “Blackface represents a deeper problem where people felt they could dehumanize and humiliate people based on their inferiority.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“When we’re reacting to blackface, we’re not reacting to the act. We’re reacting to what the act represents,” he added, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Northam, a Democrat, so far has refused to bow to increasing pressure to resign over the controversy stemming from a photo showing one man dressed up in blackface and another in Ku Klux Klan garb. Northam denies he was in the photo, but did admit he wore blackface for a Michael Jackson costume in the 1980s.
Al Sharpton: Virginia Gov. Northam, AG Herring must resign to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface https://t.co/ICRVESb3rs
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland