REPORT: Alabama lawmaker proposes law forcing men to get a vasectomy at 50
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An Alabama state lawmaker proposed a law that would require men to get vasectomies within one month of turning 50 years old or once their third biological child is born in response to legislation banning abortion in the state.
“Under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men,” the bill’s synopsis reads.”This bill would require a man to undergo a vasectomy within one month of his 50th birthday or the birth of his third biological child, whichever comes first.”
The article goes on to state the following:
State Rep. Rolanda Hollis (D) introduced the legislation Thursday in response to an abortion bill passed by the state legislature last year that resulted in a near-total ban on abortion.
“We can’t put all the responsibility on women. Men need to be responsible also,” Hollis declared.
Alabama Rep. Rolanda Hollis: The vasectomy bill “is to neutralize the abortion ban bill …it always takes two to tango. We can’t put all the responsibility on women.”
— AL.com (@aldotcom) February 14, 2020
One Twitter user has posted a reminder that Hollis is the same lawmaker who was arrested on a domestic violence charge in September of last year.
The lady proposing this law https://t.co/UY067H3FAW
— sparky GDP (@GdpSparky) February 14, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver
- REPORT: McCabe laments: ‘I don’t think I will ever be free of this president’