REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s movement failed to deliver any stunners Tuesday night
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — The progressive left movement vaulted into the national spotlight by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in June suffered a series of setbacks at the hands of Democratic establishment-backed candidates across the Midwest on Tuesday.
Hoping to build on the momentum set in motion by the New Yorker’s stunning defeat of Rep. Joe Crowley, insurgent candidates in Michigan, Missouri and Kansas notched their share of victories, but there were no major surprises — nearly all the expected winners won — or dents made in skepticism among party powerbrokers.
The article goes on to state the following:
In Michigan, where Sen. Bernie Sanders won his signature victory in the 2016 presidential primary, former state Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer routed the insurgent Abdul El-Sayed.
El-Sayed had the blessings of Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez, who campaigned for him on consecutive weekends ahead of the primary. But it is Whitmer who, by a considerable margin, will take on Republican Attorney General Bill Schuette in November.
Kansas was kinder to Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez’s preferred candidates, but they still only emerged with a split decision.
But there would be no repeat, in any state, of Ocasio-Cortez’s particular feat: unseating an incumbent Democrat.
The victory was not ours today, but the work continues.
Congratulations to @gretchenwhitmer on her primary win.
Tomorrow we continue the path toward justice, equity, and sustainability.
— Abdul El-Sayed (@AbdulElSayed) August 8, 2018
Thank you everyone who voted and made their voice heard on Tuesday!
Now it's time to unite, and WIN in November! pic.twitter.com/YakSR3vLod
— Gretchen Whitmer (@gretchenwhitmer) August 9, 2018
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by CNN.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: McConnell responds to news of fiery White House meeting
- REPORT: The one particular person who wasn’t invited to George H.W. Bush’s funeral
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- REPORT: Vice President Pence became a viral meme on Twitter today
- REPORT: Dad heard three-year-old daughter scream as uncle slashed her throat (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- BREAKING: Sentence announced for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s Ex-Lawyer
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- VIDEO: Child commits suicide after classmates taunted ‘kill yourself’, bullied her for having white friend
- VIDEO: Democrat refugee Rep-elect Ilhan Omar claims Dems are closer to impeaching Trump