REPORT: Amazon, Microsoft thank GOP/Dems for passing green card giveaway to big tech
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Amazon, the multinational corporation run by billionaire Jeff Bezos, is thanking the 140 House Republicans and 224 House Democrats for passing legislation that will reinforce Silicon Valley’s cheap labor, outsourcing business model.
On Wednesday, 140 House Republicans, 224 House Democrats, and Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) — led by Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) and Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) — voted to allow Indian nationals to effectively monopolize the U.S. green card system for at least ten years, providing a constant stream of foreign workers that American professionals will be forced to compete against for white-collar jobs.
The article goes on to state the following:
In response, Amazon executives released a statement thanking Republicans and Democrats for their support:
— Amazon Policy (@amazon_policy) July 10, 2019
The Indian outsourcing lobby, including Cognizant Technology Solutions, which has to import tens of thousands of foreign workers through the H-1B visa to replace Americans, and tech conglomerates like Microsoft Corp lobbied Republicans and Democrats hard to pass the legislation, known as HR. 1044.
Microsoft President Brad Smith tweeted, “Today the U.S. House passed legislation to ensure people from all countries are treated the same in the green card process. This promotes a fair high-skilled immigration system that’s good for business and our economy. ”
Today the U.S. House passed legislation to ensure people from all countries are treated the same in the green card process. This promotes a fair high-skilled immigration system that’s good for business and our economy. #HR1044
— Brad Smith (@BradSmi) July 10, 2019
According to the report, the bill will remove the per-country cap on the number of green cards provided to each country, but does not change the overall number of green cards permitted.
Amazon reported imported 4,000 H-1B foreign visa workers last year, at an average salary of just under $130,000 per year.
#HR1044 will create a first-come, first-serve system providing certainty to workers and families and enabling US companies to flourish and compete in a global economy as they hire the brightest people to create products, services, & jobs—regardless of where they were born. #utpol pic.twitter.com/CCDhfPLEHf
— Rep. John Curtis (@RepJohnCurtis) July 10, 2019
Amazon, the corporation run by super-globalist Jeff Bezos, is thanking House Republicans and Democrats for passing a bill that will reinforce Silicon Valley’s cheap labor model. https://t.co/zggywK3AlE
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- POLL: Will Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria hurt his chances for reelection?
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?