REPORT: Amazon sends letter to Bernie Sanders
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
Amazon.com sent a letter to Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday vowing that all of its hourly U.S. workers will be better off financially after its new pay policy goes into effect on Nov. 1.
“All hourly operations and customer service employees will see an increase in their total compensation as a result of this announcement,” wrote Jay Carney, Amazon’s senior vice president for global corporate affairs, in a letter to Sanders (I-Vt.) obtained by The Washington Post.
The article goes on to state the following:
Amazon, the United States’ second-largest employer, announced last week that it would boost its minimum wage to $15 for all of its hourly workers at fulfillment centers, return centers and other sites. But workers at some Amazon warehouses didn’t clap or cheer when they heard the news, because the company simultaneously took away bonuses and stock grants. (Amazon chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos also owns The Post).
To weigh in on this information provided by WashingtonPost, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance