REPORT: American Airlines apologizes after woman blames race for being removed from plane over outfit [PHOTO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
American Airlines issued an apology after a woman wearing a romper said she was removed from the plane and told she should cover herself with a blanket.
Tisha Rowe, 37, tweeted a photo of herself in the strapless romper she said she was wearing on the June 30 flight — an image that quickly went viral on social media. She was eventually allowed to return to the flight and traveled with her son from Jamaica to Miami.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Here is what i was wearing when @AmericanAir asked me to deplane for a talk. At which point I was asked to ‘cover up,’” she tweeted. “When defending my outfit I was threatened with not getting back on the flight unless I walked down the aisle wrapped in a blanket.”
American Airlines reportedly apologized to Rowe and gave her a full refund for the flight.
Here is what i was wearing when @AmericanAir asked me to deplane for a talk. At which point I was asked to “cover up”. When defending my outfit I was threatened with not getting back on the flight unless I walked down the aisle wrapped in a blanket. #notsofriendlyskies pic.twitter.com/AYQNNriLcq
— Tisha Rowe MD, MBA (@tisharowemd) July 1, 2019
— Inside Edition (@InsideEdition) July 9, 2019
Mom accuses American Airlines of RACISM after staff removed her from flight because they felt her romper was too short https://t.co/Zpqdpsq9EB
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) July 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?