REPORT: American flag mural at small town pizza shop vandalized
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
An American flag mural in a small town in New York was vandalized after several protesters started calling for a boycott, claiming it is a symbol of hate and oppression.
The town of New Paltz rallied together a few weeks ago to help raise funds and show support for the patriotic painting proposed by La Bella Pizza Bistro owner Maria Lisante to cover a rundown brick wall on the side of her building, which is across the street from an elementary school. Just days before the mural was completed, it was defaced.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lieutenant Robert Lucchesi told Fox News that police are still actively investigating the case after the graffiti allegedly appeared Monday night.
Joey Garcia, a New York state corrections officer and Army National Guard veteran who organized the rally to support the flag, told Fox News he believes the perpetrator is not only disrespecting the flag but the military and country as well.
When society goes off the grid in the near future and people look back and ask what were the warning signs and how could they have been missed, I’ll step forward and say that I didn’t miss them and present this example. https://t.co/T1VmmJHU3E
— The Sons Of Texas Liberty (@SonsofTXLiberty) November 7, 2018
An American Flag mural in Ulster county, that gained national attention back in October, was vandalized earlier this week. https://t.co/vRtVnoPmJB
— The Wolf (@943973THEWOLF) November 7, 2018
The following reports are from earlier in October, when the town was rallying to raise funds to have the mural painted, amid protests.
Money sought for New Paltz flag mural https://t.co/5bQ2PjA41F
— New Paltz Times (@NewPaltzTimes) October 8, 2018
@foxandfriends great celebration with hundreds for our flag in New Paltz NY today. Antifa was there trying to drown us out. Pizza shop owner wants to paint flag mural on wall and locals are protesting it. Help us get the word out!! pic.twitter.com/UsedFqpidT
— ConservativeTeacher (@Annexcat1) October 21, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- REPORT: Researchers Admit MATH ERROR on ‘Alarming’ Study Claiming Global Warming Heating Up Oceans