REPORT: American flag mural at small town pizza shop vandalized
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
An American flag mural in a small town in New York was vandalized after several protesters started calling for a boycott, claiming it is a symbol of hate and oppression.
The town of New Paltz rallied together a few weeks ago to help raise funds and show support for the patriotic painting proposed by La Bella Pizza Bistro owner Maria Lisante to cover a rundown brick wall on the side of her building, which is across the street from an elementary school. Just days before the mural was completed, it was defaced.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lieutenant Robert Lucchesi told Fox News that police are still actively investigating the case after the graffiti allegedly appeared Monday night.
Joey Garcia, a New York state corrections officer and Army National Guard veteran who organized the rally to support the flag, told Fox News he believes the perpetrator is not only disrespecting the flag but the military and country as well.
When society goes off the grid in the near future and people look back and ask what were the warning signs and how could they have been missed, I’ll step forward and say that I didn’t miss them and present this example. https://t.co/T1VmmJHU3E
— The Sons Of Texas Liberty (@SonsofTXLiberty) November 7, 2018
An American Flag mural in Ulster county, that gained national attention back in October, was vandalized earlier this week. https://t.co/vRtVnoPmJB
— The Wolf (@943973THEWOLF) November 7, 2018
The following reports are from earlier in October, when the town was rallying to raise funds to have the mural painted, amid protests.
Money sought for New Paltz flag mural https://t.co/5bQ2PjA41F
— New Paltz Times (@NewPaltzTimes) October 8, 2018
@foxandfriends great celebration with hundreds for our flag in New Paltz NY today. Antifa was there trying to drown us out. Pizza shop owner wants to paint flag mural on wall and locals are protesting it. Help us get the word out!! pic.twitter.com/UsedFqpidT
— ConservativeTeacher (@Annexcat1) October 21, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet