REPORT: Analysis | Pelosi is forcing House Republicans to go on the record on Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is preparing a vote soon in the House on a resolution condemning what she called “disgraceful” and “xenophobic language” in the tweets Trump sent Sunday.
This resolution gives Democrats an outlet to publicly reprimand the president. A resolution is a symbolic vote – it carries with it no legislative weight, and it can’t oust the president – but sometimes in Congress, symbolism matters. These Democrats will go down in the history books as leading a chamber of Congress to condemn the tweets of the president of the United States. That’s a first.
The article goes on to state the following:
But the resolution may have more politically potent ramifications for House Republicans. They will be forced to choose between what for them are a couple of politically bad options: Vote for the resolution in what will be seen as unequivocal rebuke of Trump’s words, or vote against it in what could be seen as a tacit approval of the sentiments he expressed in those tweets.
According to the report, Republicans may say the vote is unnecessary, allowing them to vote”no,” but the wording of the resolution, which condemns the president’s specific tweets and does not condemn the president himself, may put members in “the painful position” of needing to explain voting against it.
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott