REPORT: Andrew McCabe’s lawyer files lawsuit against Justice Department and FBI
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
A lawyer for Andrew McCabe, the fired deputy director of the FBI, is suing the Justice Department and the FBI, claiming that his client is being denied access to records critical to defending him in connection with the misconduct allegation that led to his dismissal in March.
In the suit, filed Tuesday evening in U.S. District Court in Washington, McCabe’s attorney David Snyder demands copies of manuals and policies used by the Justice Department Office of Inspector General and the FBI in conducting investigations and carrying out employee discipline.
The article goes on to state the following:
The lawsuit claims that McCabe’s firing “violated federal law and departed from applicable administrative rules, standards, policies, and procedures.” The suit does not directly challenge McCabe’s dismissal, but rather claims that the Justice Department is violating the law by refusing to identify and share the internal policies that led to his termination one day short of the 20 years’ service he would need to be eligible for an immediate pension.
McCabe’s attorney’s suit says that most or all of the policies at issue should be publicly available online or in agency reading rooms open to the public, but Justice officials have rebuffed requests for the documents.
CLICK HERE to read the lawsuit.
To weigh in on this information provided by Politico, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
.@edhenry reports on the breaking news that fired @FBI boss Andrew McCabe’s lawyers are filing suit against the FBI, @TheJusticeDept and its watchdog https://t.co/uE8qijHezn pic.twitter.com/APQEjkvOOg
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 12, 2018
Former DOJ official Tom Dupree: “Just because [Andrew McCabe is] interested in it, or his lawyers are interested in seeing what’s in DOJ’s files, doesn’t give him the right to get them.” @foxnewsnight https://t.co/fidWbzS6HR pic.twitter.com/JC5XNS7Tvb
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 13, 2018
Lapses in memory occurred as a derivation of “the chaos inside the FBI under siege from President Trump and his allies.”
Standby for a TRUMP DEFENSE.
Utterly unbelievable … pic.twitter.com/XNTaif3JGo
— James A. Gagliano (@JamesAGagliano) June 13, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Shooting outside football stadium; multiple people reportedly shot
- REPORT: “It was one of the most horrific accidents I have ever seen”: Suspected DUI head-on collision kills 6 in Utah
- REPORT: Democrats hold 9-point lead over Republicans in battle for House: poll
- REPORT: Trump’s approval rating jumps higher than Obama’s ahead of midterms
- BREAKING: Guatelmala president reported nearly 100 ISIS terrorists caught
- Trump Tweets: Caravan and Dems. DML responds.
- REPORT: Ted Cruz asked if Trump is a friend or foe; his answer is complicated
- The latest photos from Mexico caravan as number hits 10k
- REPORT: Special counsel examines conflicting accounts as scrutiny of Roger Stone and WikiLeaks deepens
- POLL: What is the best way to combat illegal immigration?