REPORT: Andrew McCabe’s lawyer files lawsuit against Justice Department and FBI
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
A lawyer for Andrew McCabe, the fired deputy director of the FBI, is suing the Justice Department and the FBI, claiming that his client is being denied access to records critical to defending him in connection with the misconduct allegation that led to his dismissal in March.
In the suit, filed Tuesday evening in U.S. District Court in Washington, McCabe’s attorney David Snyder demands copies of manuals and policies used by the Justice Department Office of Inspector General and the FBI in conducting investigations and carrying out employee discipline.
The article goes on to state the following:
The lawsuit claims that McCabe’s firing “violated federal law and departed from applicable administrative rules, standards, policies, and procedures.” The suit does not directly challenge McCabe’s dismissal, but rather claims that the Justice Department is violating the law by refusing to identify and share the internal policies that led to his termination one day short of the 20 years’ service he would need to be eligible for an immediate pension.
McCabe’s attorney’s suit says that most or all of the policies at issue should be publicly available online or in agency reading rooms open to the public, but Justice officials have rebuffed requests for the documents.
CLICK HERE to read the lawsuit.
To weigh in on this information provided by Politico, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
.@edhenry reports on the breaking news that fired @FBI boss Andrew McCabe’s lawyers are filing suit against the FBI, @TheJusticeDept and its watchdog https://t.co/uE8qijHezn pic.twitter.com/APQEjkvOOg
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 12, 2018
Former DOJ official Tom Dupree: “Just because [Andrew McCabe is] interested in it, or his lawyers are interested in seeing what’s in DOJ’s files, doesn’t give him the right to get them.” @foxnewsnight https://t.co/fidWbzS6HR pic.twitter.com/JC5XNS7Tvb
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 13, 2018
Lapses in memory occurred as a derivation of “the chaos inside the FBI under siege from President Trump and his allies.”
Standby for a TRUMP DEFENSE.
Utterly unbelievable … pic.twitter.com/XNTaif3JGo
— James A. Gagliano (@JamesAGagliano) June 13, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district