REPORT: Another governor supports requiring presidential candidates to release tax returns to appear on ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) said she supports requiring President Trump and other presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot for Election Day.
“We have to hold our elected officials accountable. I think this is just one way of doing it,” Brown said in an interview with HuffPost published Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Brown’s remarks follow recent action in California, where Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) last month signed into law a measure that would require candidates for president and governor to disclose federal tax returns from the five most recent years in order to appear on the primary ballot.
Legislation requiring presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose tax returns before they can appear on the Oregon ballot in general elections has already been introduced in the state Senate, which is Democrat-controlled.
Oregon Governor Supports Making Trump Release Tax Returns To Get On Primary Ballot – HuffPost https://t.co/fOOYmksPrz
— Robert M. (@Foxfieldguy) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- VIDEO: Jesse Watters: Trump conducting the media like an orchestra