REPORT: Another governor supports requiring presidential candidates to release tax returns to appear on ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) said she supports requiring President Trump and other presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot for Election Day.
“We have to hold our elected officials accountable. I think this is just one way of doing it,” Brown said in an interview with HuffPost published Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Brown’s remarks follow recent action in California, where Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) last month signed into law a measure that would require candidates for president and governor to disclose federal tax returns from the five most recent years in order to appear on the primary ballot.
Legislation requiring presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose tax returns before they can appear on the Oregon ballot in general elections has already been introduced in the state Senate, which is Democrat-controlled.
Oregon Governor Supports Making Trump Release Tax Returns To Get On Primary Ballot – HuffPost https://t.co/fOOYmksPrz
— Robert M. (@Foxfieldguy) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’