REPORT: Another NRA board member resigns amid leadership turmoil
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Professional sport shooter Julie Golob on Monday became the fourth person in two weeks to announce her resignation from the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) Board of Directors, according to The Washington Post.
“I am proud to have had the opportunity to represent the members of the NRA but I can no longer commit to fulfilling the duties of a director,” Golob wrote on her website Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Julie, a gifted shooter, will continue to support the NRA’s programs. We proudly welcome her ongoing support of our organization,” NRA President Carolyn Meadows said in a prepared statement.
While the NRA’s 76-member board predominantly continues to defend the organization’s leaders, Golob’s departure comes after the firing of ex-President Oliver North amid accusations from longtime CEO Wayne LaPierre that he attempted to extort him over the NRA’s finances.
4th NRA board member quits in the past 2 weeks https://t.co/mXVZIhW3sM
— David Beard (@dabeard) August 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’
- REPORT: Terror attack? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis calls for gun restrictions after Pensacola shooting