REPORT: Another state to offer non-binary gender option on driver’s licenses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Maine will start offering driver’s licenses and IDs with a third, non-binary gender option.
The state’s bureau of motor vehicles announced on Monday that it will begin issuing stickers for IDs or licenses stating “Gender has been changed to X – Non-binary” for those who request them.
The state’s licenses and IDs will feature an “M,” “F” or “X” gender option after a redesign in 2019.
The article reports that California, Oregon and D.C. already offers the non-binary gender option, and goes on to state the following:
The bureau added the new option after a complaint was filed with the Maine Human Rights Commission on behalf of a resident who was unable to receive a state license with a non-binary gender marker, according to the Portland Press Herald.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
— National Center for Transgender Equality (@TransEquality) June 11, 2018
— Equality Case Files (@EQCF) June 11, 2018
— ACLU of Maine (@ACLUMaine) June 11, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended