REPORT: Another state to offer non-binary gender option on driver’s licenses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Maine will start offering driver’s licenses and IDs with a third, non-binary gender option.
The state’s bureau of motor vehicles announced on Monday that it will begin issuing stickers for IDs or licenses stating “Gender has been changed to X – Non-binary” for those who request them.
The state’s licenses and IDs will feature an “M,” “F” or “X” gender option after a redesign in 2019.
The article reports that California, Oregon and D.C. already offers the non-binary gender option, and goes on to state the following:
The bureau added the new option after a complaint was filed with the Maine Human Rights Commission on behalf of a resident who was unable to receive a state license with a non-binary gender marker, according to the Portland Press Herald.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
— National Center for Transgender Equality (@TransEquality) June 11, 2018
— Equality Case Files (@EQCF) June 11, 2018
— ACLU of Maine (@ACLUMaine) June 11, 2018
Trending on DML News
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- REPORT: Man forced neighbors do chores so ‘they knew what it was like to be slaves’
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- VIDEO: Trump comments on Navy UFO sightings
- REPORT: Popular teen magazine promotes prostitution, sexting, to an audience of minors
- VIDEO: Fan who threw beer on NFL player should be prosecuted, agent says
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- REPORT: Critics pan Jim Acosta’s new book, Twitter ROASTS him
- REPORT: Dominican model in ‘love triangle between David Ortiz and a drug lord’