REPORT: AOC ally rips Pelosi for ‘ridiculous’ climate change measure in coronavirus bill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A Green New Deal co-author panned Speaker Nancy Pelosi for including “tiny” airline emissions standards in the House’s coronavirus response package, arguing now is not the time for token environmental provisions when Americans’ livelihoods are hanging in the balance.
Saikat Chakrabarti, the former chief of staff to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, called Pelosi’s idea “ridiculous” to include carbon emission language in legislation designed to keep Americans from losing their incomes, homes and businesses during the pandemic.
The article goes on to state the following:
Chakrabarti was reacting to a TV interview where Pelosi defended the airline carbon emission language in the House bill.
“I helped write the #GreenNewDeal and I think this is ridiculous. The tiny little emissions standard increase doesn’t even do anything meaningful to stave off climate change and gives the @GOP leverage to get rid of real help for working people.
“Solve the problem at hand,” he added
I helped write the #GreenNewDeal and I think this is ridiculous.
The tiny little emissions standard increase doesn’t even do anything meaningful to stave off climate change and gives the @GOP leverage to get rid of real help for working people.
Solve the problem at hand. https://t.co/KemaYkV7gn
— Saikat Chakrabarti (@saikatc) March 25, 2020
Chakrabarti worked with Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Sen. Ed Markey’s office to help write the Green New Deal.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Rosenstein makes admission about McCabe’s handling of Comey memos
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- REPORT: Public Health Experts Sign SHOCKING Letter About Protests Amid Pandemic and What ‘Contributes To COVID-19’