REPORT: Appeals court hints that ObamaCare mandate may not be constitutional
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal appeals court on Tuesday hinted that it would strike down ObamaCare’s individual mandate as unconstitutional, but the three-judge panel was not as clear about whether they would overturn the entire law.
Two Republican-appointed judges on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals grilled attorneys representing Democratic attorneys general about whether Congress intended to invalidate the entire law when lawmakers eliminated the penalty for the individual mandate.
The article goes on to state the following:
The judges questioned whether ObamaCare would be able to stand on its own if the mandate were declared unconstitutional. The outcome of the lawsuit puts at risk health care for 20 million Americans who are covered by ObamaCare.
USA Today further reports:
If the decision eventually goes to the full appeals court, that too is dominated by judges picked by Republican presidents.
Tuesday’s oral argument in New Orleans was part of the latest legal challenge threatening the law’s key features – and possibly the entire 974-page statute.
The lawsuit against ObamaCare was brought by 20 Republican state attorneys general. There are now only 18 states involved after Democratic governors took over in Maine and Wisconsin in November’s midterm elections.
Tuesday’s oral argument in New Orleans was part of the latest legal challenge threatening Obamacare’s key features. https://t.co/fdk8yNiHV5
— USA TODAY Politics (@usatodayDC) July 9, 2019
Dems today: the sky is falling!
Appeals court seems unsure on whether ObamaCare mandate is constitutional | TheHill https://t.co/IT6U3BygP4
— K J Gillenwater (@kjgillenwater) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge